My photo
Hip Hop Alumni (HHA) blog is for posts related to Hip Hop news, music, literature, academia, multimedia and links to HHA related social media.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Coach Luke Campbell

Luke Campbell Lands Assistant Coach Job
for Miami Central High


"I don't tolerate cursing or the N-word," Luke continued. "I tell them, 'Don't ever disrespect a girl because that makes you less than a man.' And 'Pick the girl who is responsible, not the one with Fs on her report card. Easy to get in, hard to get out. I've lived that life.'"

The former rap star was cleared by the Miami-Dade Public School system to coach the team, after Campbell received letters of support from community leaders, parents, neighborhood kids and Central High's principals.

Luke is much more than a coach, according to C.J. Gaines, an 18-year-old wide receiver for the Rockets.

"I don't see him as a rapper," Gaines said. "I see him as a father."

Article: click here | AllHipHop.com


No comments:

Post a Comment